These Drool-Worthy Vegan Pot Pies Are Headed to a Walmart Near You
Walmart will begin offering yet another vegan meal option at its store locations across the U.S. this October. The new product—vegan handheld pot pies from Alpha Foods—will add to the retailer’s growing lineup of plant-based alternatives to meat and dairy.
Starting in October, Walmart stores nationwide will stock a new line of vegan pot pies made by plant-based food company Alpha Foods. The frozen line includes four handheld pie flavors—Beefy Cheddar, Chik’n Veggie, Pizza, and Buffalo Chik’n—that feature a flaky crust stuffed with plant-based meats, cheeses, and sauces.
And this new product line not only sounds delicious—these savory pies will make vegan eating even easier for the countless people who rely on Walmart (aka the world’s largest retailer) to provide healthful plant-based foods for their families.
Fortunately, Walmart already carries tons of plant-based food options, including a variety of meatless products and dairy-free treats. Here are a few more vegan options to look for at a Walmart store near you:
- Gardein: Walmart offers a wide variety of vegan meats from Gardein. Some of the most popular are crispy tenders, meatless meatballs, and porkless bites!
- Ben & Jerry’s Non-Dairy Ice Cream: There are tons of vegan ice cream flavors to choose from. In addition to Ben & Jerry’s vegan varieties, Walmart carries dairy-free ice cream from Halo Top and So Delicious!
- Silk Yogurt: Available in flavors like blueberry, strawberry, and peach, Silk yogurt is made with either almond or soy milk. Walmart also offers So Delicious yogurt made with coconut milk!
- Tofurky Deli Meat: Perfect for sandwiches or in wraps! This beloved product from Tofurky is great when you’re in a pinch and need something quick and satisfying.
- Earth Balance Buttery Spread: Yup, put it on your toast, add it to your favorite vegan mac and cheese recipe, or use it pretty much any way you would dairy butter.
Not veg yet? Click here for flavorful plant-based recipes, easy meal ideas, and tips on making the switch to a vegan diet.