8 Exciting New Vegan Books You’ll Want to Read ASAP
Summertime is right around the corner, and that means it’s the perfect time for enjoying the outdoors with a good book. There are tons of books with vegan and animal rights themes out there, but these new releases are guaranteed to be good:
1. How to Create a Vegan World: A Pragmatic Approach by Tobias Leenaert
This book is a must-read for anyone who loves animals and seeks to create a world where they are free from exploitation. In this thought-provoking book, Tobias Leenaert explains why a very pragmatic approach is necessary if we want to see a vegan world.
2. Happily Ever Esther: Two Men, a Wonder Pig, and Their Life-Changing Mission to Give Animals a Home by Steve Jenkins, Derek Walter, and Caprice Crane
This best-selling book tells the heartwarming story of Esther the Wonder Pig. Rescued by her dads, Steve Jenkins and Derek Walter, when she was only a piglet, Esther has become an internet sensation, opening hearts and minds all around the world.
3. Burger (Object Lessons) by Carol J. Adams
This newest piece by vegan feminist Carol J. Adams is part of the Object Lessons series, which details the hidden aspects of everyday things. Chronicling the burger’s rise as a classic American meal, Adams also looks to the future, where burgers will be plant-based.
4. Ageless Vegan: The Secret to Living a Long and Healthy Plant-Based Life by Tracye and Mary McQuirter
In this book, Tracye McQuirter—a certified nutritionist and 20-year vegan—teams up with her mother, Mary, to share their secrets for a long, healthy (vegan) life. With helpful lifestyle tips and over 100 mouthwatering plant-based recipes, this book is sure to be great.
5. Eat for the Planet: Saving the World One Bite at a Time by Nil Zacharias and Gene Stone
Detailing new research, this book impresses upon readers the power our food choices have on the environment and how simple changes have far-reaching implications for the future of the planet. If you love the planet, this is a must-read.
6. The Smart Parent’s Guide to Raising Vegan Kids: Lessons for Littles in Plant-Based Eating and Compassionate Living by Eric C. Lindstrom
This comprehensive book answers tough questions and offers everything else you need to know to raise compassionate vegan kids in a non-vegan world—while maintaining your sanity.
7. Vincent and The Dissidents by Christopher Locke
The only fictional book on this list, Vincent and The Dissidents is the second novel in the action-packed Enlightenment Adventures series by Christopher Locke. Sure to entertain and intrigue, this new animal-rights-themed book should definitely be on your list. And if you haven’t already, be sure to grab the first book in the series—Persimmon Takes On Humanity—too!
8. The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition by Julieanna Hever
The name says it all. Loaded with all the information you ever wanted about vegan nutrition, this new guide from vegan dietitian and cookbook author Julieanna Hever provides tips for eating out, explains where to get key nutrients and how to avoid common nutritional pitfalls, and more.
Want more? Click here for nine new vegan cookbooks to try out this summer.