Vegan Breakfast Products: The Ultimate Guide to a Quick and Delicious Meal
As more and more consumers learn about the harsh realities of factory farming, they more frequently opt for plant-based versions of their favorite breakfast foods. To keep up with this growing demand, innovative and delicious vegan products are hitting store shelves like we’ve never seen—especially vegan breakfast products!
Gone are the days of spending hours in the kitchen trying to create the perfect vegan quiche. We’ve compiled the ultimate list of vegan breakfast products that you can pick up at the grocery store or order online.
Hens raised for eggs typically endure miserable lives trapped in cramped cages or crowded, filthy sheds—sometimes with thousands of other birds. But the good news is that you don’t have to give up the taste and texture of eggs to help hens! These eggceptional products have come to the rescue.
- Follow Your Heart VeganEgg
- FreshJax Tofu Scramble Seasoning
- JUST Egg Plant-Based Scramble and JUST Egg Folded
- Nabita Plant Eggz
- Orgran Foods Vegan Easy Egg
- Terra Vegane Egg-Free Omelette Mix (add tofu)
Plant-based breakfast sausages seem to be all the rage right now, as they’ve been popping up at restaurants like Cracker Barrel, Peet’s Coffee, Biggby Coffee, and even some Starbucks locations. But this list will help you link up with all the delicious sausages you can cook and enjoy in your own home.
- Beyond Meat Beyond Breakfast Sausage Patties and Breakfast Links
- Dr. Prager’s Sunday Funday Sausage Patties
- Field Roast Apple & Maple Plant-Based Breakfast Sausages and Classic Recipe Breakfast Sausage Patties
- Gardein Breakfast Saus’age Patties
- Impossible Foods Impossible Sausage
- Lightlife Gimme Lean Sausage, Plant-Based Breakfast Patties, and Plant-Based Breakfast Links
- Meatless Farm Co. Meat-Free Sausage Patties
- MorningStar Farms Original Sausage Patties and Incogmeato Plant-Based Pancake and Sausage on a Stick, Plant-Based Maple Breakfast Sausage Links, Ground Breakfast Sausage, and Breakfast Sausage Links
- The Alpha Patty Plant-Based Meatless Sausage
Tempe, seitan, wheat, or soy—there’s something for everyone when it comes to plant-based bacon. That crunchy, salty, savory flavor and aroma are here to stay without harming animals or the environment.
- Be Leaf Vegan Bacon
- Hooray Bacon
- Lightlife Smart Bacon
- Sweet Earth Hickory & Sage Flavored Benevolent Bacon
- Tofurky Treehouse Tempeh Smoky Maple Bacon
- Upton’s Naturals Bacon Seitan
Vegan Pancakes and Waffles
Who knew there were so many vegan pancake and waffle mixes available? If you don’t see one of these at your local supermarket, you can easily order any of them online to be shipped right to your door.
- Aunt Jemima Original Pancake & Waffle Mix (substitute the milk and egg for vegan versions)
- Birch Benders Pancake and Waffle Mix in blueberry, organic chocolate chip, organic classic recipe, organic confetti, plant protein, and sweet potato
- Bisquick Original Pancake & Baking Mix (substitute the milk and egg for vegan versions)
- Kashi Gluten-Free Frozen Waffles in cinnamon, original, blueberry, or seven-grain
- Nature’s Path Organic Frozen Waffles in pumpkin spice, buckwheat wild berry, blueberry grain, chocolate chip grain-free, dark chocolate chip, homestyle, and Chia Plus™
- Trader Joe’s Gluten-Free Frozen Waffles
Vegan Grab ’n Go Meals
Don’t have time to cook? These vegan frozen meals are an eggcellent choice!
- Alpha Meatless Plant-Based Breakfast Sandwich with sausage or spicy chorizo
- Alpha Plant-Based Breakfast Burrito in Protein Supreme, Rockin Ranchero, original, veggie, or bac’n scramble
- Amy’s Breakfast Burrito, Gluten-Free Tofu Scramble Breakfast Wrap, Breakfast Scramble, and Tofu Scramble
- Gardein Breakfast Bowl in saus’age and homestyle gravy, Southwest saus’age and veggie, or stea’k and eggs
- Sweet Earth Big Sur Breakfast Burrito
This list spotlights only some of the great vegan breakfast products out there. As you can see, food companies have done a great job of creating options that enable everyone to have a classic breakfast at home without harming animals. But unfortunately, most major restaurant chains have fallen behind. Join us in working to change that!
Through our Champions of Breakfast campaign, we’re calling on breakfast chains Denny’s, Black Bear Diner, Bob Evans, and Waffle House to step up to the plate and become true champions by adding a vegan breakfast entree to their menus.