8 Amazing Facts That Prove Pigs Are Too Sweet to Eat
1. Pigs are considered the fifth-most intelligent animal in the world—even more intelligent than dogs—and are capable of playing video games with more focus and success than chimps!
2. Mother pigs sing to their young while nursing.
3. Pigs enjoy snuggling close to one another and prefer to sleep nose-to-nose.
4. Pigs have excellent object-location memory. If they find grub in a specific spot, they’ll remember to look there next time!
5. Pigs have a sophisticated sense of direction. They can find their way home from huge distances away.
6. In the Chinese zodiac, the pig represents fortune,
happiness, and honesty.
7. Mother pigs use individual calls for each of their piglets. Newborn piglets recognize their own calls and run to their mothers’
8. Pigs can run up to 11 miles per hour.
While pigs have demonstrated that they are intelligent,
sensitive creatures deserving of protection, factory farmers treat them as meat-producing machines.
The best thing you can do to protect pigs and all farmed animals is to leave meat and other animal products off your plate. Click here for more information on transitioning to a humane vegan diet.