7 Facts That Prove Turkeys Are Too Sweet to Eat
1. Turkeys enjoy hearing music, and sometimes they’ll chirp along.
2. Turkeys can run up to 25 miles per hour AND fly as fast as 55 miles per hour!
3. Highly social and very affectionate, turkeys create lasting friendships with each other.
4. Turkeys have unique voices, which is how they recognize each other.
5. Turkeys have great geography skills and can learn the precise details of an area up to 1,000 acres.
6. Like peacocks, male turkeys puff up their bodies and spread their feathers to attract a mate.
7. The piece of skin that covers a male’s beak is called a snood.
While turkeys have demonstrated that they are intelligent, sensitive creatures deserving of protection, factory farmers treat them as meat-producing machines. The best thing you can do to protect turkeys and all farmed animals is to leave meat and other animal products off your plate. Click here for more information on transitioning to a humane vegan diet.
(Photo: Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary)