11 Vegan Foods With More Calcium Than a Cup of Milk
Each glass of cow’s milk comes with an unimaginable amount of animal suffering. So ditch the dairy and include these calcium-rich plant-based foods in your diet:
• 1 cup fortified almond milk (450 mg)
Great on cereal or just by the glassful!
• ½ cup tofu (434 mg)
Tofu is so versatile! Click here for a list of delicious tofu recipes!
• 3 cups raw kale (270 mg)
Kale salad, anyone?
• ½ cup almond butter (434 mg)
Great in a sandwich or served with fruits and veggies!
• 1 cup oats (401 mg)
The perfect way to start the day!
• 1 cup fortified orange juice (300 mg)
• 1 cup soy yogurt (300 mg)
Great served with fruit, in parfaits, or straight from the container.
• 2 tablespoons unhulled sesame seeds (280 mg)
Try adding these nutritious seeds to your favorite salad.
• 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses (400 mg)
Great in smoothies or baked goods like bread and cookies.
• 1½ cups white beans (100 mg)
This all-purpose bean is great in soups or served with your favorite veggies.
• 1 cup fortified soy milk (299 mg)
Great in coffee or any recipe that calls for milk!
For more plant-based health tips and recipe ideas, click here.