8 Ways to Eat Less Dairy Without Even Trying
MFA’s investigations into dairy farms across the country have revealed cows and calves being mutilated without painkillers, “downed” cows too sick or injured to stand being left to suffer for weeks before dying, and newborn calves being forcibly dragged away from their mothers and killed or sold for veal production.
As a result, more and more people are eating less dairy or ditching it altogether in favor of plant-based foods. Here are 8 easy ways to eat less dairy:
1. Soy lattes, anyone?
2. Order your favorite pizza sans cheese.
3. Replace sour cream in tacos and burritos with guacamole.
4. Put hummus on bagels.
5. Skip the Parmesan and swap in nutritional yeast in your favorite pesto recipe.
6. Try out the new vegan flavors from Ben & Jerry’s.
7. Use avocados when baking.
8. Try some of the amazing vegan options on the market.
Click here for a list of our favorite vegan dairy products.